It Was "Mint" To Be

Advertisements .

Some time ago I was asked to bring after-dinner mints to a small family gathering. It was a rather unusual request, but I'm not one to say, "Oh please, please, let me bring more!" I am, however, one to do the unexpected. I mean, most people would just buy some nice mints and pour them in a pretty little crystal bowl and call it good. Not me! I like to use the opportunity to give myself another project. And of course, another project means another reason to do my favorite things---break out the black spray paint and go to the thrift store, and, in this case, the dollar store, too. At the dollar store, I found square little dishes made out of a heavy glass. I purchased three, because an odd number is a good design (yeah, I know, it's really scary that my mind thinks of those things even at the dollar store).At the thrift store I found a cute little wooden box that was just the right size---just like it was meant to hold those dishes. I purchased the box along with an old silver serving spoon.
I spray painted the box black and sanded the edges. I bent the serving spoon into an arch. My husband walked in, and before I could tell him my plans, he picked up the spoon and said, "What happened to this?" as he bent it back into it's original shape!
After I explained my idea, he bent the spoon again and helped me attach it to the front of the box.
This is the final result.
Of course, those are not mints inside. At my house, sweets disappear quickly! The only reason that there's anything in there now is that this picture was taken before my sons got out of bed.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment