Bon Appetit!

Advertisements .

On a rare occasion I will purchase home accessories at other stores than the thrift store. Last year I bought a little tin sign at a high end furniture store. They gave me a coupon for a percentage off of one accessory. I wandered the store picking up piece after piece looking for something I could afford, even with the discount. Finally I found this: I probably would have bought it without the discount because I really liked it. I've enjoyed displaying it on a wire easel in my kitchen.

Last week I decided that I wanted to make it a bit more substantial, as well as give it a more permanent home. I bought some molding and asked my supportive husband to make me a frame.
I then spray painted the frame black.
After it was dry, I spray painted it white.
I didn't do this because I changed my mind.
I gave it the two coat treatment because
I knew I wanted to sand it and distress it.
Sanding the white paint made the black show through.
Then I glazed it with a dark brown stain.
I used a hot glue to adhere the sign
on top of the frame.
I added heavy duty hook and loop tape
to the back of the frame and stuck it
to the granite back splash above my stove.
Now that's a substantial accessory
that looks like it came from a high end furniture store!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment