Old and Dear

Advertisements .

Every Christmas there are certain decorations that I take out and display first, even before a single tree goes up. I've had them for years and they're very dear to me. None of them cost a lot, but they mean a lot to me.A vintage looking Santa, given to me more than twenty years ago by my mother. I love him. A few years back, he had a little mishap. Thank goodness for super glue.
I love to stand him next to the little family of carolers that I bought for myself many, many years ago when I had just two children.
A buggy filled high with gifts and a happy couple, given to me several years ago by my mother-in-law. Each of these decorations, with their vintage look, remind me of years gone by when Christmas was a lot less chaotic.I always display them together in a prominent place in my home. And even though my decorating tastes have changed over the years, these decorations still bring a smile to my face and warm my heart when I unpack them from their boxes.
Do you have a favorite decoration that you enjoy bringing out each Christmas?

0 komentar:

Post a Comment