Addictions

Advertisements .

Several months ago, my mother-in-law downsized to a smaller home. After her unneeded property was assigned to each child, there were still many items left. You can imagine my surprise and delight when I noticed that none of my husband's siblings were interested in taking the tarnished, mismatched silverware. So, of course, I volunteered to give it a new home.Shortly afterward, a good friend called me. She had found a great buy and wanted to share. Knowing my love/addiction to apothecary jars she asked if I wanted her to pick up a set for me. Of course my reply was YES!I'm ashamed to admit that for months both of these collections sat unattended to, even though it seemed like they were meant to be together. Finally I decided that I needed to take the necessary time to combine my two addictions.I started by dividing the silverware into "family groups." I'm not sure why I chose to start with this step other than maybe it's my obsessive/compulsive tendency. But seeing how pretty each separate grouping looked sparked an idea. I decided to tie each utensil family into a bundle using vintage looking lace.Then I piled each bundle into the medium-sized jar, arranging the groups from tallest to smallest. I adore the look of organized disorganization!I then took the remaining large serving pieces and put them into the largest jar. I added in a few thrift store finds for a more interesting display.I think my mother-in-law will be pleased that her old silverware is still being loved and my friend will be so happy that I finally decided to unpack my pretty jars.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment