Did You See It?

Advertisements .

Did you see glimpses of it in my Christmas photos? We've made a few changes in our family room.
Remember my post about The Beast? You were all so kind to remind me that
comfort isn't always about
good looks
.

I was even beginning to accept The Beast, perhaps even embrace it. And then one day it happened! Son #2 plopped on the couch (as boys/men tend to do) and we heard an odd sound. The sound, combined with the sight of him sitting a bit lower in the couch, was the tell-tale sign that
it was time to release The Beast.
Yes, it was clear that it was time to replace our couch.
I began my search in thrift stores and the on-line classifieds.
But I discovered that I couldn't find anything that I loved more
and was a better price than The Beauty.
We love our "new" couch!
It's smaller scale is a much better fit
and the colors truly compliment the room.
Yes, I'm worried that my men will eventually destroy The Beauty.
But it will be worn out in serving my family---
what better way to be worn out, right? After all, my

home is meant to house
loved ones and good memories
,

not showroom furniture.
With the addition of thrifted down-filled pillows
and a throw (to cover a small hole),

The Beauty is so comfy! And now I love my family room again, flaws and all.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment