It's the Little Things

Advertisements .

Yesterday morning I reminded a friend and later another friend reminded me, we determine our own happiness---it's our CHOICE (thanks "grandma"!). So I counted my change and went thrifting. There is something about walking down the aisles of the thrift store that
soothes my soul. Perhaps it's because I can let my mind wander and be creative and occasionally I can find a pretty little something, like a vintage vase for $1.50, that makes me smile. Add some tulips that are on sale and
life feels good again. thrifting+nature=smiles

Months ago I made the choice to finally make my master bedroom feel more relaxing and pretty. T
he task seemed overwhelming because there was so much to do and so little money. I started with a little corner of the room---taking one bite out of the elephant. I liked the look, but I didn't love it. I decided to break down the design elements to determine what was wrong.
*I loved having a comfortable chair.
*I liked the accessories
*I adored the authentic antique tin shelves but,
*I hated the color of the shelves!
They were a part of my spray-paint-everything-black phase. Black is a classic look, but it was too visually heavy for me in this room. I wanted something classic and clean, something that blended well with the rest of the room. I achieved that look with the magic of paint, of course.
Now I love to wake up and see this little corner. Isn't it amazing how
one simple change
can make a big difference!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment