The Process

Advertisements .

I truly enjoyed your comments on yesterdays post! You made me laugh, and you motivated me to keep cleaning. You are awesome. Thank you! I would show you the finished closet. . .if it were finished. I only cleaned my side. Hubby's side still is a crazy mess. Which brings me to question, am I the only wife who's husband owns at least twice as many clothes and about five times as many shoes as she does?!?!
Since I won't show you our closet, I thought I'd at least include you in the process I go through while trying to change up an area that's a bit more visible in our home.
Not too long ago I showed you the top of the vintage dresser that sits in my living room. Even
though I am a gal who loves her layers, I'm ready to lighten things up a bit.I start the process by removing almost everything, keeping only a few items that I love and I'm not tired of. Then I think about the feeling that I want to have when I see this area. Right now I would enjoy light colors with a tiny hint of spring. Although I'm not ready for nests, eggs, and frilly flowers. Those can wait a month or two.
I grab a few things that are close by to see if a small change is all I need.Nope, I'm craving a little more. It's time to search in the storage room! I noticed beautiful orchids in the store the other day so when I discovered three faux orchids in my basement (yes, I do tend to forget what I have down there) I knew I was on the right track. I added the big book for layers but when I stood back to take it all in, it still seemed a bit too heavy visually.I love the lighter look of the silver tray and the way it contains the orchids so they have more importance. You know I can't stop there though.I added these elegant candle holders for height. It's almost there, but do you see what's wrong? The balance is off. I make a few minor adjustments so it isn't lopsided. Then add the small decorative ball and a ceiling tin replica to incorporate yet another layer and a few more touches of green.

Now, it's perfect!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment