Did You Hear That?

Advertisements .

Did you hear that? That was a huge sigh of relief coming from me! The church dinner is over. I finished making nearly seventy favors and eight centerpieces and everything went well. It was a really nice evening. Aaaaaahhhhhh!

I chose to decorate for the event with a spa/spring theme---representing a time to renew & rejuvenate. The centerpieces were hurricanes made from dollar store vases glued a top dollar store candlesticks (I saw the idea on several blogs). Inside was a pansy, still in it's plastic nursery container, wrapped with moss. A mirror and dollar store rocks gave it the finishing touch. Yes, the dollar store is my go-to place for budget decorating!I wanted to send a little something home with each lady based on the theme of the evening. A little reminder that it's important for us, especially as women, to take time just for us. I know that when I do something just for me---be it reading a book or magazine, thrift shopping, lunch with a friend, whatever it is that makes me feel renewed---I am more able to meet the demands of life and give of myself to family and others.
Based on that thought, I put together these little favors made from mouding pieces mod podged with fabric and paper and embellished with rick rack and a metallic scrapbook dot.


A little reminder to do what it takes to
RENEW your spirit every day
.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment