Creating Old Glory

Advertisements .

I'm very happy with my fourth of July decorations on the mantle in my family room, but I think my dining room shelf is a little jealous. It called out for a big ol' flag too. I certainly couldn't just go out and buy another matching flag. Even at half off that one took most of my decorating budget for the month (not that I really have a decorating budget), AND it was the last one, AND who wants two identical giant flag decorations for two different rooms, AND where's the creativity in always buying things, AND I was in the mood to make something fun. So I went out into the garage and found some leftover bead board from an old project. I cut it down to size, making sure to have thirteen strips.

I used my "can't create without it"
black satin spray paint.

I dug out my old craft paints and
painted alternating strips red and antique white.
Once the paint was dry I took my sander and
lightly sanded the entire piece
to distress it and let some of the black show through.
I cut
a rectangle of wood, painted it blue,
then sanded the edges.
I cut a star shape from some thin wood,
painted it antique white and distressed it.
Then I glued and screwed the whole thing together.
I don't think that my dining room is jealous anymore.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment