1. Style - Lofts for sale tend to have soaring ceilings and wide open spaces. Lofts also have lots of style and more modern finishes than a condo. Floors are often hardwood and the sense of your own original space is achieved through the purchase of a loft. You will find more stainless steel and sharp modern designs in a loft.
2. Location - Most lofts for sale are in urban areas where a developer may buy an old warehouse and turn it into loft units. These old warehouses are usually well within all the amenities any urban city or town would have to offer and are nearby or within walking distance. Many lofts for sale are also designed and built from the ground up through developers and large city and town's revitalization programs.
3. Live and Work - While condos may only offer a home unit for residential use, lofts may permit a live and work space and some lofts for sale can be found in areas zoned specifically for this purpose. Many professionals who work at home find the large loft space ideal for the separation between living areas and work areas.
4. Appreciation - In some markets, realtors have found that lofts are appreciating at twice the rate of a traditional single-family home. This alone can add value to your loft space when you sell it.
5. Loft Conversions - Many loft builders who convert buildings into loft spaces, also invite commercial businesses such as drycleaners and small grocers to abide in the buildings. These types of loft conversions make it easier to never leave your loft building area when you seek consumer items-especially since they are close at hand.
Major developers are being encouraged and supported by large city and town governments to covert old spaces for loft living. Not only are developers reaping the benefits of building these loft units, the owners of the lofts are happy with the security, parking, live and work opportunities, and the proximity of all the conveniences you can expect with a loft.
If you live in an urban area and are interested in purchasing a loft, ask your Realtor for more details on lofts for sale, the amenities and how loft living works.
http://www.CondosMinneapolis.net explains condos and loft living in more detail. John Mazzara is involved with financial services in the Twin Cities, MN. Officing out of Edina, Minnesota-John is centrally located within the 7 county MN metropolitan area. John owns three separate businesses-a licensed real estate broker associate selling Minnesota real estate since 1986-affiliated with RE/MAX Associates Plus http://www.MinneapolisStPaulHomes.com , an independent CFP-certified financial planner since 1989 with an independent Minnesota financial planning firm-Financial Planning Associates and the owner of a Minnesota mortgage broker firm-Venture Development Inc-specializing in residential, commercial and investment mortgages for purchases of single family homes, investment properties and commercial property. Venture brokers FHA, VA, Conventional loans and lines of credit. If you are looking for someone to help you in the areas of real estate sales/purchase, mortgages, or and/or financial planning and insurance you should call John for a free 1 hour consultation to see if he can meet your needs. 952-929-2577. RE/MAX Associates Plus and Venture Development are located at 7300 France Ave S, Suite 410, Edina, MN 55435
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Mazzara