Mirror Image

Advertisements .

I found this beauty of a mirror for twelve dollars
at the thrift store a few weeks ago.
(Yeah, that's my hand and camera in the reflection. Argh!)
The paper backing had been removed and there was a stamp on the wood frame. The stamp said: Made in Belgium Sep 1928. The mirror is showing it's age (aren't we all?), but overall, it's in pretty good shape for it's eighty years.
I'm not a gold kinda gal so I felt the need to give it a makeover (I wish someone felt the need to give me a makeover!). Don't worry, there was gold paint remnants on the mirror indicating that this wasn't it's first redo.

I masked out the mirror using junk mail,
making sure to slip the paper
under the frame
to prevent painting the glass.
I painted it a rich black.Once the paint was cured,
I used Rub 'n Buff in a silver tone
to highlight the details.
I'm lovin' the finished project.I just need to the perfect place to hang it.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment