An Award, An Answer, & A Question

Advertisements .

AN AWARD:
Have you met my blogging friend, the sweet Mrs. B? If not, you should! She can tell you how to make a beautiful ottoman, as well as many other very creative ideas. She has a lovely home and family. And they go on wonderful vacations that she takes beautiful pictures of (yes, I'm jealous). Well, Mrs. B has kindly given me an award. It's called the "furniture whisperer".

Isn't it a beauty?
I am supposed to find just one person
to pass this on to.

I think that my husband deserves this award. He's the master builder of our team. He can take my crazy ideas and make them look even better than they do on my sketch pad. If I built things on my own, the furniture could easily be blown down by just one huff from the big bad wolf (or any of my sons for that matter). Yes, my husband deserves this award. There's just one problem, he doesn't have his own blog. He's very content just to share mine. So I guess we can both share this award and I will pass it on to another very creative person.
There are oh, so many people who deserve this!
And it's very, very hard to narrow it down to just one, but. . .
I would like to present this award to Robolady Margo. She is amazing! She can take any piece of "junk" and turn it into a real treasure. I think that her blog was the very first one that I ever read. She is an inspiration to me! If you haven't visited her, you're in for a real treat.

AN ANSWER:
I am so proud of you, my friends! You are all such great guessers to the question about my repurposed cabinet. Here's the answer:
The doors are made from two old windows.
The sides are made from one door cut in half and then cut down to size.
The top and shelves are wood left over from the armoire.
The bun feet came off of an old ottoman ( you guessed this one spymommy!)
The only thing we had to buy was the bead board, rope molding, and some wood for the basic frame.

A QUESTION:
See this beauty of a table?
I started to work on it almost two months ago. I want to paint it by hand. I know it's hard to believe that I'm not going to spray paint it, but there are just some pieces of furniture, mostly the older, very well built pieces, that I prefer to give a real hand finished paint job.
This table is patiently waiting for me in my kitchen. My family has gotten so used to it being there that they keep piling things on it, which means I'll have to do some more sanding and wiping before I start painting.
So my question is this:
AM I THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE
WHO CAN'T SEEM TO FIND
ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY
AND/OR ENERGY IN MY BODY
TO GET ALL THE THINGS DONE
ON MY TO-DO LIST?!?!?!

And when do I find time to really do this:
(My husband grabbed the wire from me
to make his own sign that he's very proud of)

0 komentar:

Post a Comment