One of My Favorites

Advertisements .

This is my favorite area in our kitchen. When we moved in, this corner housed a built in desk, with cabinets above. It took a few years for me to get brave enough to tear it all out (which, of course, I did while my husband was at work). When I took it out I had to learn how to do major sheet rock repair and how to tile the floor---and do it well enough to match the existing tile. I think that's one reason I like this corner. It was my schooling. Tackling it gave me the confidence to tackle many other home improvement projects.

The other reason that this is my favorite corner
would be this cabinet.
It took about two years to convince my husband that we could build it, even though we had already built a couple of other projects. I think that the wait actually made it all the better, because I was able to gather all the right items to re-purpose. I love the details we put into this cabinet, including the rope molding and the bead board backing. I love the finish I chose for it. I painted and distressed it and then I gave it a good waxing to protect the paint.
Now, I've got a test for you. . .
How many items were re-purposed
to make this cabinet?

0 komentar:

Post a Comment