Wired Up

Advertisements .

I am not a scrapbooker. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day. If I took up scrapbooking, on top of my other past times, I would probably find two well dressed people standing at my door. One would flash me a badge showing that they were family service agents, while the other hauled away my children and husband because I had neglected them, and my house, while I had happily wiled away hours and hours of time.
However, I do occasionally cruise the scrapbook supply aisles. One day a package containing words that had been formed by twisting thin wire caught my eye. That package was the inspiration for this project.
First, I went to the home improvement store (my home away from home), and I picked up some 14 gauge wire and a package of double tipped tacks/cloth staples. I found a cedar fence slat in my wood supply and cut it down to size. I grabbed some wire cutter pliers.
I twisted the wire into cursive letters using my hands. The pliers were used for crimping some of the letters. (You could write your word out first on a piece of paper to help determine the correct size and style of the lettering, but I was too lazy.) I spray painted my scrap wood. Once the paint was dry, the wire word was adhered by hammering the staples over the wire and into the wood (tip: use needle nose pliers to hold the staples while hammering). I sanded the edges of the wood and drilled two holes. All that was left was to thread the ribbon, and find a home for my latest project.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment